Note: This is applicable to guests staying aboard The Queen Mary. A separate set of lists applies to the festival, linked here. Guests are subject to security searches between the hotel and festival grounds.
Essential Packing List
We highly recommend bringing the following items for the most comfortable hotel experience. Remember: It’s only two nights! Roll your clothes, and pack lightly.
- YES Fun festival clothes
- YES Casual sleeping clothes or pajamas
- YES Phone charger
- YES Earplugs
- YES Reusable, official Insomniac water bottles (water refill station available on the Promenade Deck)
- YES Cell phones
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
- YES Food required for special dietary needs
- YES Glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Glow sticks (string glow stick/LED pois, orbitals and whips are permitted but must only be used in the festival grounds)
- YES Gum (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Hair straightener, curler or blow dryer
- YES Hula hoops (especially LED hoops!)
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- YES Lip balm/gloss (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Makeup
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras and hand-held video cameras (e.g., Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroids)
- YES Plastic mirrors
- YES Small snacks that do not require heating or refrigeration
- YES Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed cans or plastic bottles
- YES Sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- YES Tampons and pads (must be sealed at entry)
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO Alcoholic beverages of any kind
- NO Balloons or compressed gas tanks/cylinders
- NO Candles or fire/flames of any kind
- NO Corrosive or dangerous chemicals
- NO Drones or remote-controlled aircraft
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Fireworks
- NO Gas masks
- NO Glass containers (small cosmetics such as makeup or nail polish are allowed)
- NO Hard-sided coolers
- NO Hookahs
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Items that may be disruptive (e.g. laser pointers, slingshots, stink bombs, explosives of any kind, air horns, etc.)
- NO Loose pills without a prescription, or expired medications of any kind (All medications, prescription or otherwise, must be in their original container)
- NO Medical or recreational marijuana
- NO Personal transportation devices (e.g. bicycles, scooters, rollerblades, skateboards, Segway, transporters, motorcycles, etc.)
- NO Pets (except service animals)
- NO Professional cameras and recording equipment
- NO Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5″ wide x 6″ high x 6″ deep
- NO Spray paint
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Unauthorized vending of food, beverages, or merchandise
- NO Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including—without limitation—firearms, knives, billy clubs, brass knuckles, nunchucks, pepper spray, pocket knives, mace, stun guns, stars and other martial arts equipment)
- A credit or debit card is required for an incidental hold of $100 per night, due at hotel check-in. Unused balance will be returned upon check-out.
- The Queen Mary is a smoke-free hotel. Violators found smoking in their hotel rooms will be assessed a minimum fee of $250 and may be subject to removal from the property. This includes smokeless products such as e-cigs and vapes. Cigarettes (sealed at entry), e-cigs and vapes, and e-juice/pods are allowed to be stored in your hotel room, but are not permitted to be used anywhere within The Queen Mary. They may only be used in the festival grounds.
- All hotel guests must have a Hotel wristband to access guest rooms. Don’t lose your Hotel wristband, it cannot be replaced!
- Please be considerate of other guests in the hotel, and limit occupancy to only guests registered to the room. If we receive a complaint you will be provided a courtesy warning. Should we receive a second complaint you will be asked to vacate the property and a minimum fee of $250 will be assessed to your hotel room.
- Without the rumble of the ship’s engines, sound does travel through our steel walls, so we ask you to please be courteous to guests in adjoining hotel rooms by being mindful of noise levels. Ear plugs are available at the front desk for your convenience.
Code of Conduct
Hotel guests are expected to be courteous to one another, as well as to hotel and event staff. The Queen Mary is a shared space, and these are your neighbors for the next few days! Please do your part in making this an incredible weekend for everyone. If a guest participating in any of the following behavior is uncooperative or a persistent offender, they will be removed from the hotel and festival site. In certain situations, the offender may be arrested.
By entering The Queen Mary, you agree to adhere to the following code of conduct:
- All hotel guests and festival attendees must be 18 or older, verified by government-issued ID.
- All hotel guests must have a festival ticket.
- All hotel guests must wear their Hotel wristband (acquired at check-in).
- Hotel guests consuming alcohol must be 21 or older, verified by valid photo ID, which may be randomly checked at any time.
- All hotel guests must be packed and vacated from their hotel rooms by the designated check-out time of 11:00 AM on Sunday, November 19th.
- Prohibited items confiscated at entry or during the event will NOT be returned. Please don’t bring prohibited items!
The following actions may result in a WARNING and/or EJECTION from the hotel and festival site:
- Irresponsible use of alcohol
- Public nudity or lewd behavior
- Accessing restricted areas without proper passes
- Taunting, bullying, abusive/disruptive language, and/or obscene gestures
- Failing to cooperate/comply with hotel or festival safety officers or security personnel
The following actions will result in IMMEDIATE EJECTION:
- Relieving your bladder or bowels anywhere other than approved restrooms/porta-potties
- Fighting or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten or bring discomfort to anyone
- Public sexual behavior
- Possession/use of illegal drugs
- Damage, destruction, vandalism or theft of any property
- Throwing or releasing anything overboard from the ship
Accessibility Information (ADA)
Hearing and mobility accessible rooms are available. Please notify hotel staff upon check-in of any accessibility needs.